Whether it's an afternoon in your backyard or a five-mile trek up Wallace Falls, we want to learn about your experiences this summer in The Great Outdoors.
As always, we accept work in every genre, but here are a few suggestions:
- A carefully composed iPhone snap of flora (plants) in your neighborhood.
- The traditional haiku as a simple image of nature.
- Watercolor of your backyard.
- Wilderness survival short story a la Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.
- Anything else you'd like to pursue...
Send your work to YouthReview@emeraldparents.org by Friday, August 21st, and don't forget to include information about your school, incoming grade, and a headshot (optional)! We'll be offering contributors a $10 gift card for publication.
Editor, The Emerald Youth Review
Cover art by Cindy Cao, our contributing art editor.